Terms and privacy
Latest Update: August 2018
Who We Are
Beacon Care and Advice Community Interest Company Ltd (hereafter referred to as Beacon in this document).
Registered offices - 68 Bath Street, Market Harborough, Leicestershire, LE16 9EL.
We welcome comments and questions about our data collection. You can contact us in writing at our registered address or by email at beacon-care.com
You are not obliged to accept cookies and can block them from your browser entirely. For lots of information about cookies, see www.allaboutcookies.org
Please note that beacon-care.com does contain links to third-party websites. Beacon cannot accept responsibility or liability for their privacy practices. These sites have their own privacy and cookie policies and we advise you to read check them if you visit the sites.
Protecting Your Information
Keeping your information secure is of the utmost importance to us, so we store and process your personal information in accordance with the high standards required under data protection legislation.
We limit knowledge of personal information only to employees who reasonably need access to it to provide services to you and to carry out their jobs. We have appropriate technical and organisational physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the information that you provide against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, damage or destruction.
What Information We Collect
We collect personal information including your name, address, email address, phone number plus other relevant demographic information such as gender and religion as well as any other information that you directly give to us using our website, email, telephone, written or verbal communications.
Information We May Receive from Others
We may get information about you from other sources, such as family members, health and social care services or your assigned support worker.
Why We Collect Personal Data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide the correct and agreed service to you
- To operate, maintain, and improve our site, telephone line, products and services
- To respond to comments and questions and provide customer service
- To send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages
- To communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners
- To link or combine user information with other personal data
- To protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorised or illegal activity
- To provide and deliver products and services at customers request
Sharing of Personal Data
We do not rent, sell or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies outside Beacon except under the following circumstances:
- With your consent, for example, you may let us share personal data with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- For legal, protection, safety and safeguarding purpose
- To comply with laws or any regulatory obligation
- To respond to lawful requests and legal processes
- In an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- With those who need it to do work for us.
We may also share aggregated and/or anonymised data with others for their own uses.
We will retain your personal data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
We will retain your data for a period of six months after your contract has ended. For advice queries we retain your personal information for six months.
Your Data Rights
You already have certain rights under existing data protection legislation, including a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you, if you request it in writing. From 25 May 2018 you will have the following rights:
- Right to correct: the right to have your personal information rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Right to erase: the right to request that we delete or remove your personal information from our systems
- Right to restrict our use of your information: the right to 'block' us from using your personal information or limit the way in which we can use it
- Right to data portability: the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your personal information
- Right to object: the right to object to our use of your personal information including where we use it for our legitimate interests, or to inform our market research and user demographics. If you raise an objection we will stop processing your personal information unless very exceptional circumstances apply, in which case we will let you know why we're continuing to process your personal information.
We will use reasonable efforts consistent with our legal duty to provide you with your rights in accordance with data protection legislation.
If you have concerns about how your data is being handled, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
Changes To This Policy
From time to time we may change this Policy. If we make any changes, we will change the Latest Update information at the top of this page. If you do not agree to these changes, please do not continue to use our site. If material changes are made to this policy, we will notify you by email or by placing a prominent notice on the site