Beacon Care and Advice is a three line service specialising in home help, companionship and social care advice.
How can Beacon help you?
HOME HELP SERVICE
We assist our clients in maintaining their independence, with chores large and small done their way.
- House keeping
- General cleaning
- Bed making
- Food preparation
- Prescription collection
- Support with pet care
- Assistance to manage bill payments and budgeting
- Support to read and respond to correspondence
- Oversee deliveries and trades people
- Help to organise home moves
We champion social inclusion and challenge isolation through client-led activities and companionship.
- Join in hobbies
- Engage in conversation
- Accompany to clubs and meetings
- Schedule and organise trips
- Accompany on outings and to appointments
- Support following hospital discharge
- Emergency and overnight stays
- Help with technology
SOCIAL CARE ADVICE
We provide free, impartial advice and information about adult social care and support services including
- Access to disability related benefits
- Power of Attorney and deputyships
- Adaptations to your home
- Access to Adult Social Care assessments and care planning
- How to find support with personal care
- Community Services
- Access to Care Act Advocacy
- Sourcing personal care and care homes
We can assist with applications and form filling for Attendance Allowance and Personal Independence Payments, but please note that fees apply.
Our services are available to people living in and around Market Harborough
We cover a 10 mile radius around central Market Harborough. If you live outside the area, we may still be able to help. Contact us to find out.
We specialise in working with
- People who are isolated
- Older people
- People living with dementia and Alzheimer’s
- People with physical disabilities
- People with sensory difficulties
- People with mental health issues
- People with learning disabilities
We are dedicated to our staff and clients' quality of life, empowering people through compassion, flexibility and co-operative working.
Transparent pricing that doesn't break the bank
Our rates reflect the current average costs of home care services and allow us to pay our staff the living wage. Beyond overheads, profits are put back into the business and used to fund our free advice service.
Our standard rate is £25 per hour with a minimum 2 hour booking. We're on hand to help with whatever you may need, from house cleaning to prescription collecting to dog walking.
Our day rate gives you support beyond the basics. This may be accompanying you to an important appointment or event, help with a spring clean or house move or a day out.
Our overnight stays are designed to offer reassurance and security when you need it. They are ideal for those who are generally self-caring but need some additional support, perhaps after a bereavement or a period in hospital.
An overnight carer will need a their own room close to the person requiring support (this does not have to be a bedroom), and use of a bathroom.
You will always meet your carer before an overnight stay.
If you would prefer to engage our services in the longer term, please contact us to let us know your needs and priorities. We will call you back to discuss your options.
"We can't thank Beacon Care & Advice enough; their knowledge of the social care system, their kindness and skill is second to none"
To find out how we can help you, please request a call-back.
Telephone: 01858 456915
Please fill out the form below or call 01858 456915 and we will call or email you back, whichever you prefer.
We aim to respond to all enquiries by the next working day.
By submitting this form, you are agreeing to our terms and condition of privacy. Read the policy here.